Studio Navale Maritime & Technical Ltd. is a technical & consulting firm that was founded by Alex Kouros in 1987. Through hard work during the early years he turned the former one-man business into a worldwide operating company.
From the very beginning, Alex Kouros has formed a business culture that is marked among others by high regard for the employees and the commitment to offer the best customer service. This culture is the driving force behind the success of the business.
Ambitious, creative and a man of vision, as well as extremely hard-working and achievement-oriented – these are qualities attributed to Alex Kouros. Beside his busy entrepreneurial schedule he is also a man who loves life.
Optimistically looking forward, taking courses of actions that are both dynamic and pragmatic – these are basic qualities that distinguish Alex Kouros as a person. He has always been consistent in bringing these qualities to his company since the early days which are also been adopted by all company employees.
Alex Kouros business philosophy is orientated towards providing the best services to his Clients, through motivation of the employees by actively approaching customers instead of waiting for them to come.
Studio Navale Maritime & Technical Ltd. has grown steadily since its foundation in 1987 to become an internationally operating company mainly due to its professional management, its dedicated employees and their commitment to excellence.
Studio Navale Maritime & Technical Ltd. completes the process of certificates.
23rd JAN 2012.
Studio Navale Maritime & Technical Ltd. announces it has completed the process of implementing ISO 9001: 2008 and was duly certified on the 23th January 2012 by LRQA (Hellenic Lloyds’ Registry).
- Finite Elements Methodology for the structural formation of the cargo holds of Cement Barge and the decks of a Livestock Carrier.
- Complete electronical preparation of drawings and studies.
- Pioneers in the preparation of the Enhanced Surveys’ Reports for the requirements of Classification Societies.
- Pioneers in certifications as Class Subcontractors.
- Preparation of feasibility studies for the conversion of single hull tankers into double hull tankers.
- The first Panamax tanker contracted for conversion (2003). More than 15 followed.
- Replacement of the rudder equipment of a Panamax bulker, as a result of damage. Renewal of 200TN of steel fabricated and installed a new Becker type rudder and new rams of the steering mechanism.
- Involvement in the new acquisitions of EKO Petroleum Co. (3 tankers + 2 RoRo tankers).
- Involvement in the investigation of a fractured bottom of a bulker, through a fully developed Finite Element Model and relevant analysis.